Frequently Asked Questions
What is Stone-Fleck?
Your kitchen and bathroom counter tops can be resurfaced with our state of the art Stone Fleck Finish. This durable imitation stone finish provides the desirable look of stone at a fraction of the cost of replacement. A Kitchen Magician offers many designer colors to choose from, including a new variety of concrete colors. It is an Eco-friendly product that is preferred by consumers today. You will never have to reseal or polish this finish and it is incredibly easy to clean. Just wipe with a damp cloth or use your favorite non-abrasive cleaner. A Kitchen Magician guarantees our counter tops for a minimum of 5 years.
How long does the finish last?
You can expect to get 10 or more years with normal wear.
Can I cut on my resurfaced tops?
No, this is not a sanitary practice and could damage your counter tops.
How should I clean the resurfaced area?
The surface is non-porous and it cleans easily with common household disinfectants. Please do not use abrasives.
Will it chip?
Chips are rare however not impossible if struck with a sharp or heavy object. If this does happen it can easily be repaired.
Can I put hot items on it?
A pot holder should be used for very hot items.
Do I have to remove the kitchen sink?
It is not necessary however if you plan to replace the sink any time soon it is best to remove it prior to resurfacing and replace it after the counter resurface is completed.
How long has this process been around?
Counter top resurfacing, developed about 15 years ago and mostly in drab solid colors. With the ever growing demand for alternatives to replacement, the refinishing industry has invested in and improved the look and durability of products available today. A Kitchen Magician has been resurfacing counter tops and cabinets for over 15 years.
Is there a warranty?
You will receive a 5-year written guarantee from the date of application.
About Our Process
1. Everything in the area is covered with cloth drops, paper and plastic.
2. Exhaust system is set up to minimize dust.
3. Surfaces are cleaned and sanded smooth. Any cracks or chips are repaired at this time.
4. Two coats of primer are applied to the surface with a low pressure spraying system.
5. The desired color coating is applied over the adhesive primer.
6. For counters, the Stone-Fleck finish is clear coated the following morning for ultimate durability, therefore is a two day process.**
7. We clean up our mess and leave you with a beautiful modern look.
8. Stand back, look and smile.
**Usable in as little as 24 hours from completion but will continue to harden for maximum durability up to 72 hours.